This is a list of books and articles related to the Steady State Economy, Ecological Economics and Sustainable Development. Throughout my posts I cite some of the resources listed on this page. They are ordered alphabetically by author.
- Brown, Lester R. Plan B 3.0: Mobilizing to Save Civilization. New York: W. W. Norton & Company, Inc., 2008.
- Costanza, Robert, O. Segura and J. Martinez Alier (eds.). Getting Down to Earth: Practical Applications of Ecological Economics. Washington: Island Press, 1996.
- Craven, Greg. What’s the Worst That Could Happen? New York: Penguin Group, 2009.
- Czech, Brian. Shoveling Fuel for a Runaway Train: Errant Economists, Shameful Spenders, and a Plan to Stop Them All. Berkeley, California: University of California Press, 2000.
- Czech, Brain & Daly, Herman E. “In My Opinion: The steady state economy-what it is, entails, and connotes.” Wildlife Society Bulletin 2004, 32(2):598-605
- Daly, Herman E. Beyond Growth. Boston, Massachusetts: Beacon Press, 1996.
- Daly, Herman E. “Economics in a Full World.” Scientific American September 2005, Vol 293, Issue 3.
- Daly, Herman (ed.). Ecological Economics and the Ecology of Economics. Northampton: Edward Elgar, 1999.
- Daly, Herman and J. Farley. Ecological Economics: Principles and Applications. Washington: Island Press, 2004.
- Daly, Herman and K. Townsend (eds.). Valuing the Earth: Economics, Ecology, Ethics. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Daly, Herman and J. Cobb. For the Common Good: Redirecting the Economy toward Community, the Environment and a Sustainable Future. Boston: The Beacon Press, 1989.
- Daly, Herman E. “A Steady State Economy.” Sustainable Development Commission, UK. April 24, 2008.
- Faber, Malte, Reiner Manstetten and John Proops. Ecological Economics: Concepts and Methods. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 1998.
- Gorringe, Timothy. Fair Shares: Ethics and the Global Economy. New York: Thames & Hudson, Inc., 1999
- Hartmann, Thom. What Would Jefferson Do? A Return of Democracy. New York: Three Rivers Press, 2004.
- Korten, David. “Beyond the Bailout: Agenda for a New Economy.” Yes! Magazine, Winter: 2009.
- Krishnan, Rajarman, Jonathan Harris and Neva Goodwin (eds.). A Survey of Ecological Economics. Washington: Island Press, 1995.
- Lasn, Kalle. “Thought Control in Economics.” Adbusters. Issue #85, September/October 2009.
- McDonough & Braungart. Cradle to Cradle. New York: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 2002
- McKibben, Bill. Deep Economy. New York: Times Books, Henry Holt & Company, Inc., 2007
- McLennan, Jason. The Philosophy of Sustainable Design. Bainbridge Island, Washington: Ecotone Publishing, 2006
- McNeill, J. R. Something New Under the Sun. New York: W. W. Norton Co., 2000.
- Monbiot, George. Heat: How to stop the planet burning. Cambridge, MA: South End Press, 2007.
- Ponting, Clive. A Green History of the World. New York: Penguin Books, 1991.
- Prugh, Daly & Costanza. The Local Politics of Global Sustainability. Washington, DC: Island Press, 1999
- Speth, James Gustave. The Bridge at the Edge of the World. Yale University Press: 2008.
This list will continue to grow as I write (and read) more. Please feel free to share your favorite Steady-State literature, too!